More than conquerors
We are not victims of isolation but prayer warriors for the kingdom
Richard Langmead, CEO, Urban Saints
We are hearing daily of the huge health and social consequences the coronavirus outbreak is having across the UK, Ireland, and around the world. In fact, many of us will be confronting the challenge of no longer being able to meet and worship together face to face; so, in response let us take a united stand in prayer together.
We have put together some key requests for prayer and we invite you to join with us in praying for the young people across the United Kingdom and Ireland and for the ongoing ministry of Urban Saints:
- Pray for the young people who will be unsettled by these extraordinary circumstances and that we can still find ways to help our volunteers find ways to inspire hope in young people.
- Pray for everyone’s health and safety. Urban Saints is about people of all ages and all stages of life, so let’s pray for everyone who is a part of the Urban Saints movement.
- Ask the Lord to send the coronavirus away swiftly.
- Pray against people’s fears and panic, and that we will be a strong Christian witness because of our confidence in Jesus.
- Pray for protection upon all our volunteers and staff as they seek creative ways to continue to provide ministry to a generation of young people, especially at this time.
- Pray for wisdom in how to effectively disciple our young people under these exceptional circumstances. Pray as we explore online and other methods of doing so safely.
- We will continue to encourage and seek prayer cover over the next few weeks and months.